Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rejecting

This is the first time i am rejecting someone to buy insurance from me.. This is what happened:

After closing case at TTSH, I was at the bus stop waiting for bus. Then a man driving a sport car drove past, stopped and asked if he can ask me for direction. He said that he is from Malaysia and just started working in S'pore for less than a week. He wanted to get to Whampo Market.

I told him that i am not good at direction and i am seriously not sure how to get to Whampo from here. Then i asked him if he has street directory. He had, so i helped him to locate the destination. He offered me a ride to the mrt, so i got into his car. After locating Whampo Market and sending me to MRT, I got off the car. In the car, there is a small exchange of words. Basically, he knew i am financial consultant and asked if he is sufficently insured? After a bit of fact find, i told him he is not (of course not la!). Then i gave him my name card.

So the story continues, he later sms me.

Him: Thanks for helping me.
Me: You are welcomed. If you need financial advice, you can contact me.
Him: I like you. Do you have a bf and do you party?
Me: I have a bf and i do not party.
Him: So can i date you?
Me: I love my bf alot. The only way to see me is if you need any financial advice.
Him: Actually i bought insurance from my ex-gf, also from Prudential.
Me: You are a nice guy, hope you find someone soon.
Him: But i like you. Not all bf are good. If you are sad, sms me.
Him: If you be my gf, i buy 200k from you.
Me: My bf isn't good. He is great.
Him: If he is so good, many people will like him too. If you don't believe, go check his hp. I am sure there are many sms that you don't like.
Me: I love my bf.
Him: What should i do now, forget you?
Me: Yes.
Him: I wish i didn't meet you. Is your bf very rich and very handsome?

I find this so absurb. How can one just like someone in a matter of "driving past". And i was dressed in a spaghetti top and KNEE-length office skirt, not as if i was wearing mini or low cut.. Tsk tsk (shake head).

And to think he tried to get me to be suspicious of my bf. Of course i know my bf is a ladies' man. I wouldn't choose one who is rejected by many, right? I don't need to check his hp to know that he is attractive... Or a ladies' magnet.. I even told him he can have affair lor, with certain conditions... Hahaha...

Being approached by two men in a week. One is early 30s, one is 40. Hmmm, am i attracting the more senior group?

2 comments:

  1. Actually what you did was pretty dangerous. Getting into a stranger's car is never a good idea, cos who knows where he might have taken you. So everyone, please be more careful who you hitch rides from k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see how much Lauren cares for you , Kristy ?? Actually not just Lauren la , remember uncle also gave u a similar piece of advice some time back ?

    But i feel sorry AND happy for you at the same time ... guess that pretty much means i'm confused about how i feel towards this knowledge ..

    I'm concerned that you're attractin these ... well ... put simply .. wolves ... but your demography works ... so i guess just be cautious as you've always been and i am certain you'll meet the right type of people soon .

    Btw , you've closed , after my careful calculations , a total of around 6000 api on saturday [04072009] alone ... well done ! keep up this momentum and you'll be just fine .. Don't neglect your Studies OR your Ladies' man tho , Need you to be happy in all aspects .

    Keep up the splendid work , young lady , we may see you in Perth Next year yet !!!!

    ReplyDelete